Take part in the UOC's business entrepreneur showcase! #SpinUOC – the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) knowledge transfer event – on 15 June, at the old Estrella Damm brewery. An event organized by HUBBIK to promote eight made in UOC projects and forge links with potential stakeholders, partners, investors and customers.
Would you like to be one of the stars of the event? Do you have a business idea you would like to launch into the market? Complete the application form before 12 February!
A new feature this year is that two projects will be selected as winners from the eight shortlisted nominees:
- A cash prize of €1,500.
- A support programme for the development, validation and implementation of your business model and afunding plan (valued at €2,500), provided by HUBBIK.
- A stand at 4 Years from Now (4YFN) 2018, the mobile sector's start-up business platform at the Mobile WorldCongress, from which to promote your project.
Why should you take part in #SpinUOC?
Because you have much to gain and nothing to lose! If yours is one of the projects shortlisted by the jury, you will have access to:
- A stage, five minutes and an audience of more than 200 people.
- Training and mentoring aimed at turning your elevator pitch into your number one sales tool.
- An opportunity to participate in 10-minute SpinMeetings with stakeholders in your field of activity.
- Access to a contact network to promote you in the field of entrepreneurship, technology and innovation.
- An entrepreneurial mentoring and support programme offered by HUBBIK, which is adapted to your project's stage of development.
- An entry pass to 4YFN 2018.
And just for entering this competition, HUBBIK will give you expert advice on how to take your project forward!
Are you a member of the UOC with an innovative project? What are you waiting for?
Are you a student, alumnus, professor, researcher, course instructor or part of the UOC administrative staff? Do you have a project to promote? Do you feel your final bachelor's or master's degree project has potential? Do you have a business or product idea with potential? Then follow the lead of Jordi, Iván, and Paula, formerstudents and now graduates of the UOC; UOC specialist, Luis; UOC professor, Asun; and UOC professor andresearcher, Anna Elena; the talent behind just some of the 36 projects that have benefitted through #SpinUOC.
Make your dreams come true!
The organizers will announce the eight projects selected by a jury made up of Juan Álvarez, founder of Seed&Click and vice president of the Spanish Association of Business Angels (AEBAN); Joan Arnedo, professor at the UOC's Faculty of Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunications; Adrià Batlle, director of entrepreneurship & innovation of Mobile World Capital Barcelona and director of operations for the 4YFN project; Eduard Bosch, deputy general manager of Finance and Resources at the UOC; Xavier Jaumejoan, head of technology marketing at the ACCIÓ Business Innovation Unit; Maria Mora, director of the Foment del Treball Employment Initiatives and Business Creation Office; Mireia Riera, director of the UOC Knowledge Transfer and Research Support Office (OSRT); Enric Serradell, director of MBA Programmes for the UOC’s Faculty of Economics and Business; and Joan Tarruell, member of the UOC Alumni Council.
#SpinUOC is a HUBBIK initiative supported by Estrella Damm, Foment del Treball, Seed&Click and 4 Years From Now.